Friday, July 11, 2008

Morons With Noise Pollution In Cars

We have new neighbours.
There was an empty lot next door, and it was purchased by a builder who had a house moved onto a basement he built there.
He spent the whole of last summer with a little farm tractor trying to bulldoze the mud around to level it out. He would choose days when it was raining, so he could get it stuck, and then presumably have fun shunting backwards and forwards to free it up again.
This would start at 6am and sometimes end at 10 pm. Just when I would settle down to watch TV, he would fire it up again. Then after about an hour, would stop for an hour or two.
All summer long.
Then he eventually finished, and the house, which is a large one, was sold, apparently to a young guy who rents out rooms to his buddies, so I am told.
No problem there.
The problem is with the idiotic, mentally insecure fools who frequent the place.
One in particular appears to need driving lessons, as he seems completely incapable of pulling away in his Mazda Protege (Ohhhhh, I am impressed!) without screaming the engine so that it develops enough power to make the tires chirp as he dumps the clutch and the car starts to move.

Now, I have a 1966 Mercury with a 390 cubic inch V8 that I purchased for the sole reason of having similar fun, except in my case, I can actually have the smoke rolling off the tires for quite a while. The difference is that I choose not to do it at 2.30 am.

Added to this, there appears to be deafness in the clan somewhere, as they seem to need a car stereo that is cranked to about 200 watts in order to hear it.

I know, I have it wrong.
Let's have a look at the REAL reason these effing useless piece of crap morons crank their car stereos - it is because it is the ultimate in "eff you" to the rest of the world, which in this case, as I live next door, is me.

Well, I have a plan. I still have access to my old DJ gear that I gave to my eldest son recently as he is doing some jamming with other guys, maybe to start a band.

But, I can get it back here in a flash. And I can have parties here at 1 am through to 4 am during the week, with enough power to setup a sound system for an auditorium (I had about 3 DJ rigs total) Or, maybe 3 am through to 4.30 am might be better.

It is amazing how youth always rebels against the older generation. We had Elvis, then there was the 'drug bands', then the heavy metal crowd. More recently it is the rappers.
I have no problem with it, because they grow up after a while, and in the past it has been a general thing to ignore it. But the noise pollution, they have a classic there. It cannot be ignored. The sub bass sound can be heard by whales in the sea over 12,000 miles away.

I keep getting asked by more established residents than I am (I have only lived here about 10 years) "Who are the people next door to you?" I have no answer. "They use the road like a race track" is the next comment.
They are as you find them. I find them to be un-neighbourly idiots who have a circle of similar idiot friends who have no consideration for others.

But I have a great plan.
I will let them have their tunes cranked, and will say nothing.
Then, as they get older, their deafness, which is already started (when I was DJ'ing if I was ever asked to crank it up, it was always by a club-type dude or a thump-thump car person, because those are the ones who have already damaged their hearing)
I will have the last laugh, because as I lay on my deathbed, I will think of those pinheads in their later years, asking for stuff to be repeated all the time.
And it will look good on them.

No comments: