Friday, September 12, 2008

School Communications - Should I Care?

As each day of the new school year passes, I get handed a new piece of paper that is in the name of communication. They generally refer to problems that I never knew had existed, and the solutions that were going to be applied to them.

This is often written in a kind of code, using scholarly terminology that I am unaware of, as it is not used in England, where I am from. In fact, in England, they just get on with it.

So, I have this "They protesteth too much" kind of feeling about this. As a taxpayer, I am paying for the expertise and professionalism of those trained to educate.

I suggest that they stop wasting their time composing this fodder for the paper recycling bin, and get on with what I am paying for, which is educating the kids. If they have problems, speak to their boss, not me.

No comments: